Gaming and Virtual Reality laboratory
The Gaming and Virtual Reality Laboratory is dedicated to the study and development of games and game technology.
The lab consists of:
- A full-body motion-capture studio.
- Audiometric room (sound booth).
- State-of-the art game development workstations.
- A variety of input technologies students can utilize for their game development needs.
A passive stereo virtual reality display utilizes the motion-capture system as a body tracker and gesture-based input device. This enables the exploration of:
- full-body gesture recognition
- multi-player collaboration
- new input methodologies
Students are able to record sound for voiceovers and music with minimal echo or background noise in an audiometric room coupled with audio recording equipment such as:
- microphone booms/stands
- various microphones and field recorders
- MIDI synthesizer
- hardware and software mixing consoles