We have a centralized contact email for our students. Please feel free to contact us with your questions at FBITadvising@uoit.ca.
Your FBIT academic advisors are dedicated to your success and will strive to assist you in making choices that will lead to academic and personal achievement. We act as your main contact in the faculty and are here to help you through every step of your university journey.
Academic advising team:
Senior Academic Advisor, Bachelor of Commerce, Diploma-to-Degree
Business and Information Technology (IT) Building, Room 4016
905.721.8668 ext. 3418
Senior Academic Advisor, Bachelor of Commerce, last names A to L
Business and IT Building, Room 4024
905.721.8668 ext. 5362
Senior Academic Advisor, Bachelor of Commerce, last names M to Z
Business and IT Building, Room 4026
905.721.8668 ext. 3415
Senior Academic Advisor, Bachelor of Information Technology
Business and IT Building, Room 4022
905.721.8668 ext. 3656
Program Assistant, Advising (administrative forms)
Business and IT Building, Room 4020
905.721.8668 ext. 5300
FBIT academic advising office hours:
Monday to Friday
10 a.m. to noon and 2 to 4 p.m.
(subject to change without notice)
Alternatively, contact your academic advisor to book an appointment.
Academic advising for graduate students:
Current graduate students are advised to contact Jessica Clarke, Senior Academic Advisor for assistance. For more information on UOIT Graduate Studies programs, admission requirements, application processes and important dates, please visit the Graduate Studies website.
Our team can help you with:
- Addressing academic difficulties.
- Addressing questions and concerns related to academic and personal life on campus.
- Assessing and discussing academic progress and standing.
- Assisting in the selection of appropriate classes (especially if you miss or fail a course).
- Connecting you with campus services for additional assistance.
- Establishing realistic educational goals and future planning.
- Interpreting academic policies and procedures.
- Providing guidance for successful progression towards graduation.
- Understanding your GPA.
- Withdrawing from, adding or dropping courses.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns related to student life, whether academic or personal. Stop by during our drop-in hours or contact us to book an appointment. We are here to help you!
The university has many support services in place for students, including:
- Academic Success Centre
- Campus Health Centre
- Career Services
- Services for students with disabilities
Please check the Current students section of the website for more information.