Faculty of Business and Information Technology
Dr. Nicola (Nikki) Shaw comes to the Health Informatics Institute from the University of Alberta, where she was named the first Research Chair of Health Informatics in Western Canada. Currently, she is an associate professor and ESRI Canada Health Informatics Research Chair/Health Informatics Institute Scientific Director at Algoma University in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
Her expertise in applied health informatics (HI) positions her well to capitalize on the innovative HI solutions existing in the region. She will be looking to facilitate significant local, national and international research and collaboration in health informatics. She will undertake fundamental and applied research that enables health system innovation, as well as improved and more efficient patient-centered care.
- HND in Business Information Technology University of Central Lancashire, UK
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Business Information Systems with Management University of Central Lancashire, UK
- Professional Certificate Market Research Society
- PhD in Health Informatics University of Central Lancashire in collaboration with Oxford University
- Postgraduate: Medical Education and Training Post-Graduate Certification in Health Research Methods University of Central Lancashire, UK