Annie Jiang, PhD
Assistant Professor, Marketing
Business and Information Technology Building, Room 3037
905.721.8668 ext. 2620
- Bachelor of Arts (Economics), East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai, China
- Master of Philosophy (Marketing), Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong, China
- PhD, University of Connecticut (Marketing), United States
Previous professional experience:
- Rhode Island College, Assistant Professor, 2005 to 2006
- Courses taught: Introduction to Marketing, Global Marketing, Internet Marketing
- University of Connecticut, Instructor, 2002 to 2005
- Courses taught: Introduction to Marketing, Consumer Behaviour
- Hong Kong Baptist University, Teaching Assistant, 1999 to 2001
- Courses taught: Discussion Sessions of Principles of Marketing and Principles of Business; Lab Sessions of Marketing Research
- Samsung Corporation, Engineering and Construction Group, Shanghai Representative Office, Shanghai, China
- Marketing Executive, 1998 to 1999
- consumer decision-making
- consumption experience
- international marketing
- online consumer behaviour
- Ying Jiang and Chenglu Wang (2006), The Impact of Affect on Perceived Service Quality and Satisfaction: the Moderation of Service Context, Journal of Services Marketing, 20(4), 211-217.
- Ying Jiang, Robin Coulter, and S. Ratneshwar (2005), Consumption Decisions Involving Goal Tradeoffs: the Impact of One Choice on Another, Advances in Consumer Research, 32, 206-211. (Paper presented at a competitive session of the Association for Consumer Research Conference, Portland, Oregon, October 2004).
- Ying Jiang and Girish Punj. The Impact of Information Format on Consumer Search Order and Choice in an Online Setting. Association for Consumer Research Conference, Orlando, Florida, October, 2006.
- Ying Jiang and Girish Punj. The Effects of Task and Information Environment Characteristics on the Breadth, Depth, and Sequence of Search in an Online Setting. Summer Marketing Educators' Conference, Chicago, Illinois, August 2006.
- Ying Jiang and Girish Punj. The Influences of Task and Information Environment Characteristics on Consumer Search Behavior in an Online Setting. Society for Consumer Psychology Conference, Miami, Florida, February 2006.
- Ying Jiang. Consumption Episodes Involving Goal Tradeoffs: Highlighting Versus Balancing. CIBER Internationalizing Doctoral Education for Business (IDEB) Conference, Bloomington, Indiana, August 2003.
Works in progress:
- Chenglu Wang and Ying Jiang, Affect Driven versus Non-affect Driven Consumption: Empirical Investigations in Different Service Contexts.
- Ying Jiang, The Impact of Consumers' Prior Product Attitude and Subjective Product Knowledge on the Acceptance of Online Recommendation Agents.
- Ying Jiang, The Role of Anticipated Satisfaction in Cross-Category Consumer Choice.
- American Marketing Association
- Association for Consumer Research
- Society for Consumer Psychology