Annie Jiang, PhD
Office: Business and Information Technology building
T: 905.721.8668 ext. 2620
- Bachelor of Arts (Economics), East China University of Science & Technology, Shanghai, China;
- Master of Philosophy (Marketing), Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong, China; and
- PhD, University of Connecticut (Marketing), United States.
Previous professional experience:
- Rhode Island College, Assistant professor, 2005 to 2006
Courses taught: Introduction to Marketing, Global Marketing, Internet Marketing;
- University of Connecticut, Instructor, 2002 to 2005
Courses taught: Introduction to Marketing, Consumer Behaviour;
- Hong Kong Baptist University, Teaching Assistant, 1999 to 2001
Courses taught: Discussion Sessions of Principles of Marketing & Principles of Business; Lab Sessions of Marketing Research; and
- Samsung Corporation, Engineering and Construction Group, Shanghai Representative Office, Shanghai, China
Marketing Executive, 1998 to 1999
- Consumer decision making;
- Consumption experience;
- International marketing; and
- Online consumer behaviour.
- Ying Jiang and Chenglu Wang (2006), "The Impact of Affect on Perceived Service Quality and Satisfaction: the Moderation of Service Context", Journal of Services Marketing, 20(4), 211-217; and
- Ying Jiang, Robin Coulter, and S. Ratneshwar (2005), "Consumption Decisions Involving Goal Tradeoffs: the Impact of One Choice on Another," Advances in Consumer Research, 32, 206-211. (Paper presented at a competitive session of the Association for Consumer Research Conference, Portland, OR, October 2004).
- Ying Jiang and Girish Punj, "The Impact of Information Format on Consumer Search Order and Choice in an Online Setting," the Association for Consumer Research Conference, Orlando, FL, October, 2006;
- Ying Jiang and Girish Punj, "The Effects of Task and Information Environment Characteristics on the Breadth, Depth, and Sequence of Search in an Online Setting," the Summer Marketing Educators' Conference, Chicago, IL, August 2006;
- Ying Jiang and Girish Punj, "The Influences of Task and Information Environment Characteristics on Consumer Search Behavior in an Online Setting," the Society for Consumer Psychology Conference, Miami, FL, February 2006; and
- Ying Jiang, "Consumption Episodes Involving Goal Tradeoffs: Highlighting Versus Balancing," the CIBER Internationalizing Doctoral Education for Business (IDEB) Conference, Bloomington, IN, August 2003.
Works in progress:
- Chenglu Wang and Ying Jiang, Affect Driven versus Non-affect Driven Consumption: Empirical Investigations in Different Service Contexts;
- Ying Jiang, The Impact of Consumers' Prior Product Attitude and Subjective Product Knowledge on the Acceptance of Online Recommendation Agents; and
- Ying Jiang, The Role of Anticipated Satisfaction in Cross-Category Consumer Choice.
- American Marketing Association;
- Association for Consumer Research; and
- Society for Consumer Psychology.