Statistics and Risk Management
Faculty of Business and Information Technology
Business and Information Technology Building - Room 2012
2000 Simcoe Street North
Oshawa, ON L1H 7K4
905.721.8668 ext. 2639
Dr. William Goodman has conducted extensive research into the distribution of incident-outcome severities (magnitudes) in diverse applications—from industrial and radiological health and safety, to medication-administration errors, to comparisons of outcome-distributions for educational interventions. His core model for analyzing severe-outcome accidents has been applied commercially on data for organizations including:
- Atomic Energy Control Board
- Ault Foods
- Bruce Nuclear
- CANDU Owners Group
- Health Canada
- Ontario Hydro/Ontario Power Generation
- Bachelor of Arts University of Waterloo in Ontario
- Master of Arts (Masters Gold Medal) University of Waterloo in Ontario
- PhD University of Waterloo in Ontario
Research and expertise
- applied statistics and statistical literacy
- evaluation of educational technology
- knowledge representation and decision modeling
- risk assessment, perception and communication
- Numerous papers on statistics and statistical literacy and on evaluations of educational simulations and innovations.
- A statistics textbook for Nelson Education (Canada).
- Articles and book chapters on critical thinking, theories of knowledge, and philosophies of science and education.
- Educational software.
- A large number of consultative reports.