Finance Area Co-ordinator
Faculty of Business and Information Technology
Business and Information Technology Building - Room 3042
2000 Simcoe Street North
Oshawa, ON L1H 7K4
905.721.8668 ext. 3802
Prior to joining UOIT, Dr. Chang was a credit derivatives risk analyst at CIBC and an instructor at the University of Toronto. Before she came to Canada, she was a foreign exchange trader at the Bank of China.
- Toronto Board of Trade Economic Development Committee
- Toronto Financial Service Alliance Centre of Excellence Committee
- UOIT Pension and Benefits Committee
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) University of Toronto in Toronto, Ontario
- Master of Arts (MA) Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario
- Master of Arts (MA) Wuhan University in China
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) Wuhan University in China
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) Wuhan University in China
- Advanced Corporate Finance Applications
- Equity Asset Analysis
- Finance I
- Financial Institutions
- Personal Finance
- University of Toronto:
- Business Finance
Research and expertise
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC) – Insight Development Grant 2013: Does Corporate Governance Impact Cash? International Evidence. Principal Investigator: Bin Chang; Co-investigators: Shantanu Dutta and Samir Saadi.
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC) – Standard Research Grant 2010: Impact of Financial Crisis and Corporate Governance on Dividend Policy. Principal Applicant: Shantanu Dutta; Co-applicant: Bin Chang.
- corporate governance
- corporate payout policy
Dr. Chang has published (or her articles have been accepted) in:
- Canadian Investment Review
- International Journal of Managerial Finance
- Journal of Accounting Auditing and Finance
- Journal of Business Finance and Accounting
- Journal of Financial Research
- Journal of International Business Studies
- Journal of Risk
- Journal of Wealth Management
- Rotman Journal of International Pension Management
Selected referred journal articles
- Booth, L., Chang, B., and Zhou, J. 2014. Which Analysts Lead the Herd in Stock Recommendations, Journal of Accounting Auditing and Finance, 29(4), 464-491.
- Booth, L., Chang, B., and Zhou, J. 2013. Import Competition and Disappearing Dividends. Journal of International Business Studies, 44(2), 138-154.
- Baker, H.K., Chang, B., Dutta, S., and Saadi, S. 2013. Canadian Corporate Payout Policy. International Journal of Managerial Finance, 9(3), 164-184.
- Baker, H.K., Chang, B., Dutta, S., and Saadi, S. 2012, Why Firms Do Not Pay Dividends: The Canadian Experience. Journal of Business Finance and Accounting 39 (9-10), 1330-1356.
- Booth, L. and Chang, B. 2011. Target-date Funds: Good News and Bad News. Journal of Risk 13(3), 1-28.
- Booth, L., Chang, B., Hejazi, W., and Shum, P. 2011. The Influence of Productivity Growth on Equity Market Performance. Journal of Wealth Management 14(1), 78-92.
- Booth, L. and Chang, B. 2011. Information Asymmetry, Dividend Status and SEO Announcement Day Returns. Journal of Financial Research 34(1), Spring 2011, 155-177.
- Booth, L. and Chang, B. 2011. Target-date Funds. Rotman International Journal of Pension Management 4 (2), Fall 2011.
- Chang, B. 2009. Bias in Recommendations on Canadian Stocks. Canadian Investment Review, December 2009, 14-21.
Selected referred book chapters
- Chang, B. Decimalization of Stock Exchanges. E-Government Service Maturity and Development: Cultural, Organizational and Technological Perspective, IGI Global, July 2011.
- Chang, B., and Dutta, S. Internet Banking and Online Trading. E-Government Service Maturity and Development: Cultural, Organizational and Technological Perspective, IGI Global, July 2011.
Dr. Chang has presented papers (or has had her papers accepted for presentation) at:
- Southern Finance Association Annual Meeting, U.S., 2010 and 2012
- Risk Sharing in Defined Contribution Pension Schemes conference, Exeter, U.K., 2010
- Pacific Basin Finance, Economics, Accounting, and Management Annual Conference, Beijing, China, 2010
- Finance Management Association Asian Conference, Xiamen, China, 2009
- Finance Management Association Annual Meeting, Grapevine, U.S., 2008
- Northern Finance Association Annual Meeting, Canada, 2012, 2008, 2007
- Capital Market Seminar and Financial Economics Seminar, University of Toronto, Canada, 2007
- Eastern Finance Association Annual Meeting, New Orleans, U.S., 2007
- Midwest Finance Association Annual Meeting, Minneapolis, U.S., 2007