Faculty of Business and Information Technology
Business and Information Technology Building - Room 4032
2000 Simcoe Street North
Oshawa, ON L1H 7K4
905.721.8668 ext. 5306
Dr. Friedlan has devoted more than 20 years to training future managers and accountants. An award-winning teacher at York University's Schulich School of Business and associate professor at UOIT, Dr. Friedlan's goal is to get students to think critically about balance sheets, net income, and how accounting numbers can be often managed to turn losses into profits and vice versa. At York, he was awarded the Educator of the Year Award for undergraduates in 1992 and a Seymour Schulich Award for Teaching Excellence in 2000. He has also worked at Nabisco Brands as well as at the Board of Examiners at the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants.
His articles have been published in top accounting journals including:
- Contemporary Accounting Research (1994); and
- Issues in Accounting Education (1995).
In practitioner journals such as:
- CGA Magazine (1994); and
- CA Magazine (1996).
He has also presented papers at meetings of the:
- American Accounting Association;
- Canadian Academic Accounting Association; and
- Canadian Finance Association.
- Bachelor of Science McGill University in Montreal, Quebec
- Master of Business Administration York University in Toronto, Ontario
- PhD University of Washington in Seattle, Washington, United States