Faculty of Business and Information Technology
Dr. Karolina Krystyniak is an Assistant Professor of Finance at the University of Ontario Institute of Technology. She holds a PhD in Finance from Baruch College, City University of New York. Her research interests include institutional investors and their trading behaviour, investor attention, market liquidity and empirical asset pricing.
Her teaching philosophy is based on a strong belief that the purpose of business school education is preparing students for real-life challenges in their professional careers.
She is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Institute charterholder. Before her academic career she worked at many top international consulting companies.
- PhD, Finance Zicklin School of Business, Baruch College, CUNY
- CFA Charterholder
- Master of Economics with Major in Finance and Banking Warsaw School of Economics (SGH), Warsaw, Poland
- Bachelor of Business Administration with first-class Honours in Accounting St. Francis Xavier University, Canada
Research and expertise
- empirical asset pricing
- institutional trading
- investor attention
- market liquidity
- stock market anomalies
- Financial Management Association European Doctoral Student Consortium, Venice, Italy, 2015
- Financial Management Association Annual Meeting, Orlando, Florida, 2015
- Southern Finance Association Annual Meeting, Captiva Island, Florida, 2015
- Midwest Finance Association Annual Conference, Atlanta, Georgia, 2016
- China International Conference in Finance, Xiamen, China, 2016 (by co-author)