Skip to main content
- American Marketing Association (AMA)
- Canadian Operational Research Society (CORS)
- Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
- Marketing Science Institute (MSI)
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
HEC Montreal, Quebec
Master of Science (MSc)
HEC Montreal, Quebec
Bachelor of Commerce
Institut des Hautes Etudes Commerciales (IHEC) Carthage, Tunisia
- Marketing Channels
- Marketing Strategy
- Marketing Research
- Retail Management
Selected journal publications
- Karray, S., G. Martín-Herrán and S. P. Sigué (2017). Cooperative advertising for competing manufacturers: The impact of long-term promotional effects. International Journal of Production Economics, 184, 21-32.
- Karray, S. and S.P. Sigue (2016). Should Companies Jointly Promote their Complementary Products when they Compete in other Product Categories? European Journal of Operational Research, 255(2), 620-630.
- Karray, S. and C. Surti (2016). Channel coordination with quantity discounts and/or cooperative advertising. International Journal of Production Research. DOI: 10.1080/00207543.2016.1173253.
- Karray, S. and L. Debernitz (2015). The effectiveness of movie trailer advertising. International Journal of Advertising. DOI: 10.1080/02650487.2015.1090521.
- Karray, S. and S.P. Sigué (2015). A game-theoretic model for co-promotions: choosing a complementary versus an independent product ally. Omega, The International Journal of Management Science, 54, 80-100.
- Karray, S. (2015). Cooperative promotions in the distribution channel. Omega, The International Journal of Management Science, 51, 49-58.
- Karray, S. and S.H. Amin (2015). Cooperative advertising in a supply chain with retail competition. International Journal of Production Research, 53 (1), 88-105.
- Karray, S. (2015). Modeling brand advertising with heterogeneous consumer response; channel implications. Annals of Operations Research, DOI: 10.1007/s10479-014-1656-9.
- Karray, S. (2013). Periodicity of pricing and marketing efforts in a distribution channel. European Journal of Operational Research 228 (3), 635-647.
- Karray, S. (2011). Effectiveness of retail joint promotions under different channel structures. European Journal of Operational Research 210 (3): 745-751.
- Karray, S. and G. Martin-Herran (2009). A dynamic model for advertising and pricing competition between national and store brands. European Journal of Operational Research 193 (2): 451-467.
- Karray, S. and G. Martin-Herran (2008). Investigating the relationship between advertising and pricing in a channel with private label offering: a theoretic model, Review of Marketing Science 6 (1).
- Sigue, S.P. and S. Karray (2007). Price competition during and after promotions, Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences 24: 80-93.
- Karray, S. and G. Zaccour (2007). Effectiveness of co-op advertising programs in competitive distribution channels, International Game Theory Review 9 (2): 151-167.
- Karray, S. and G. Zaccour (2006). Could co-op advertising be a manufacturer's counterstrategy to store brands? Journal of Business Research 59 (9): 1008-1015.
- Karray, S. and G. Zaccour (2005). A differential game of advertising for national and store brands, in Dynamic Games: Theory and Applications, Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Periodicity of pricing and marketing efforts in a distribution channel under different leadership scenarios: a game theoretic model. McMaster University (Canada), 2013.
- Effect of trailer advertising on the financial performance of the associated movie: an event study. European Marketing Academy Conference (Portugal), 2012.
- Optimal Sequence of play for channels with cooperative advertising programs. EURO XXV conference – special session (Lithuania), 2012.
- Effectiveness of retail joint promotions under different channel structures, University of Waterloo (Canada), 2012.
- Channel coordination in heterogeneous markets. Marketing Science Conference - Special Session (Germany), 2010.
- Joint promotions in channels. Workshop on Game Theory in Marketing Channels, HEC Montreal (Canada), 2009.
Peer-reviewed conference proceedings:
- Karray, S., Smimou, K. and Sud, L. B. (2013). Tie-in promotions in the motion picture industry: an empirical study. Academy of Marketing Science conference proceedings.
- Debernitz, L. and Karray, S. (2012). Effect of trailer advertising on the financial performance of the associated movie; an event study. European Marketing Conference proceedings.