Faculty of Business and Information Technology
Business and Information Technology Building - Room 3048
2000 Simcoe Street North
Oshawa, ON L1H 7K4
905.721.8668 ext. 3749
Dr. Lin's research interests include computer and network security, especially in the fields of wireless network security, applied cryptography, computer forensics and software security. Dr. Lin has published extensively in leading scholarly journals and highly competitive conferences, and won several Best Paper Awards at international conferences, including:
- 18th International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks (ICCCN 2009)
- 5th International Conference on Body Area Networks (BodyNets 2010)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) International Conference on Communications (ICC 2007)
He is a recipient of Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) Canada Graduate Scholarships (CGS) - Doctoral Program, and selected as university nominee for NSERC Doctoral Prize (Engineering and Computer Sciences category). He is a senior member of the IEEE.
- PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering University of Waterloo, Ontario
- PhD in Information Engineering Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China
Refereed journal papers:
- X. Lin and X. Li, Achieving Efficient Cooperative Message Authentication in Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 62, no. 7, pp. 3339-3348, September 2013.
- X. Liang, X. Li, R. Lu, X. Lin and X. Shen, UDP: Usage-based Dynamic Pricing with Privacy Preservation for Smart Grid, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 141-150, March 2013.
- R. Lu, X. Lin and X. Shen, SPOC: A Secure and Privacy-preserving Opportunistic Computing Framework for Mobile-Healthcare Emergency, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 614-624, March 2013.
- X. Lin, R. Lu, X. Shen, Y. Nemoto and N. Kato, SAGE: A Strong Privacy-Preserving Scheme Against Global Eavesdropping for eHealth Systems, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 365-378, May 2009.
- X. Lin, X. Sun, X. Wang, C. Zhang, P.-H. Ho and X. Shen, TSVC: Timed Efficient and Secure Vehicular Communications with Privacy Preserving, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 7, no. 12, pp. 4987-4998, December 2008.
- X. Lin, X. Sun, P.-H. Ho and X. Shen, GSIS: A Secure and Privacy Preserving Protocol for Vehicular Communications, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 56, no. 6, pp. 3442-3456, November 2007.
Refereed conference papers:
- X. Lin, R. Lu, X. Liang and X. Shen, STAP: A Social-Tier-Assisted Packet Forwarding Protocol for Achieving Receiver-Location Privacy Preservation in VANETs, In Proc. of the 30th IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM 2011), Shanghai, China, April 10 to 15, 2011.
- X. Lin, C. Zhang and T. Dule, On Achieving Encrypted File Recovery, In Proc. of the 3rd International ICST Conference on Forensic Applications and Techniques in Telecommunications, Information and Multimedia (E-Forensics 2010), Shanghai, China, November 10 to 12, 2010 (Best Paper Award).
- R. Lu, X. Lin, X. Liang and X. Shen, Secure Provenance: The Essential of Bread and Butter of Data Forensics in Cloud Computing, In Proc. of the 5th ACM Symposium on Information, Computer and Communications Security (ASIACCS 2010), Beijing, China, April 13 to 16, 2010.
- X. Lin, R. Lu and X. Shen, Location-release Signature for Vehicular Communications, In Proc. of the 18th International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks (ICCCN 2009), San Francisco, California, USA, August 2 to 6, 2009 (Best Paper Award)
- R. Lu, X. Lin, H. Zhu, P.-H. Ho and X. Shen, ECPP: Efficient Conditional Privacy Preservation Protocol for Secure Vehicular Communications, In Proc. of the 27th IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM 2008), Phoenix, Arizona, April 15 to 17, 2008.
- X. Lin, R. Lu, H. Zhu, P.-H. Ho, X. Shen and Z. Cao, ASRPAKE: An Anonymous Secure Routing Protocol with Authenticated Key Exchange for Wireless Ad Hoc Networks, In Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC’07), Glasgow, UK, June 24 to 28, 2007 (Best Paper Award).